Software for making poster titles?

Duke Groebe drg at prophet.pharm.pitt.edu
Wed Nov 8 09:45:03 EST 1995

In article <1995Nov8.123152 at molbiol.ox.ac.uk>, rpgrant at molbiol.ox.ac.uk
(Mad Dan Eccles) wrote:

> > Does anybody know of a shareware for PC or Mac which enables printing
> > of big poster titles over several "normal" pages (8.5 x 9 inches or so)
> > which can be than glued next to each other.
>
> I use MacDraw/ClarisDraw and just set the font size BIG.  With clever
> arrangement of the borders you just print across several pages.
>

> Richard
> --

Using MacDraw Pro by Claris, pull down the "File" menu and click on "Page
Setup".  Click on the "Orientation" icon to print a figure with a 8.5 in
height and an 11 in width.  Then, pull down the "Layout" menu and click on
"Drawing Size".  In the window that pops up, click up as many sheets (which
will be set longitudinally (sp?)) as you think you might need.  I use 4 or
5 set across the top of the program's desktop.  Then, type away at your
title, authors, and institutions  using the font and size you feel is
appropriate.

When it is printed, there will be a blank border (0.5 inch) and you will
have to do some cutting and pasting (sp again?) to align left and right
sides of adjacent panels (there is a slight overlap of print from one panel
to another).

Good luck,

Duke

The opinions expressed here are my own.  MY very own and NOBODY else's!  I
THOUGHT OF THEM FIRST, HA HA, AND YOU DIDN'T!!  SEE!?  There's my name up
there!  And the date - Ooohh, the DATE!  That's important!  HEE HEE, I'M
GONNA BE RICH!  DO YOU HEAR ME!?  RICH!!  HA HA!!  They're mine...heh, heh,
all mine....  GOD!  I'm so smart!