Software for making poster titles?

Tom Maynard maynard at oregon.uoregon.edu
Thu Nov 9 02:28:12 EST 1995

 drg at prophet.pharm.pitt.edu (Duke Groebe) writes:
>rpgrant at molbiol.ox.ac.uk
>(Mad Dan Eccles) wrote:    [attributions probably botched...]
>>
>> > Does anybody know of a shareware for PC or Mac which enables printing
>> > of big poster titles over several "normal" pages (8.5 x 9 inches or so)
>> > which can be than glued next to each other.
>>
>> I use MacDraw/ClarisDraw and just set the font size BIG.  With clever
>> arrangement of the borders you just print across several pages.

Just a side note to go along with all the other stuff:  If you need *really*
big fonts (and normally most printers max out eventually), you can set the
page size to 50% of what you want (ie: 4.25 x 7" for legal size) and
then set the print options to 200%.  This fools the printer (more or less)
into printing even bigger fonts.  Hey, it comes in handy occasionally...

The rest can all be done the same as is described below...

>Using MacDraw Pro by Claris, pull down the "File" menu and click on "Page
>Setup".  Click on the "Orientation" icon to print a figure with a 8.5 in
>height and an 11 in width.  Then, pull down the "Layout" menu and click on
>"Drawing Size".  In the window that pops up, click up as many sheets (which
>will be set longitudinally (sp?)) as you think you might need.  I use 4 or
>5 set across the top of the program's desktop.  Then, type away at your
>title, authors, and institutions  using the font and size you feel is
>appropriate.
>
>When it is printed, there will be a blank border (0.5 inch) and you will
>have to do some cutting and pasting (sp again?) to align left and right
>sides of adjacent panels (there is a slight overlap of print from one panel
>to another).
>
>Good luck,
>
>Duke

Tom Maynard (maynard at oregon.uoregon.edu|http://oregon.uoregon.edu/~maynard/)
    "We were poor, but we didn't know we were poor...
        We thought we were starving to death!"