Gradient block thermocycler

Dave Adelson D.Adelson at prospect.anprod.csiro.au
Wed Nov 8 14:55:21 EST 1995

In message <BELZEN.15.815662365 at hema.fgg.eur.nl> - BELZEN at hema.fgg.eur.nl (N. v
an Belzen @ HEMA) writes:

> Hi netters,
>
> I consider buying a thermocycler with a gradient block. Any positive
> or negative experiences out there? The only cycler I know of with this
> option is the Stratagene Robocycler; are there other brands available?
>
> Nico van Belzen (belzen at hema.fgg.eur.nl)

Dear Nico,

We recently bought a gradient Robocycler and have had nothing but great
results out of it.  I wouldn't trade it or give it back for anything.  We
have optimised primers in one run, cloned the products, worked out AFLP
genotyping procedures and have people using it to optimise differential
display.  Note that I have no affiliation with Stratagene, in fact I think
they charge WAY too much for their products, but in this case, you get what
you pay for.

Cheers,

Dave

*Dave Adelson      CSIRO Divison of Animal Production*
*"What, me worry?"    Sydney Lab, Sydney, AUSTRALIA  *
*ALL OPINONS ARE MY OWN, USUAL DISCLAIMER APPLIES    *

When in charge, ponder
When in trouble, delegate
When in doubt, mumble