Qiagen buffers

Annette C. Hollmann ah690549 at bcm.tmc.edu
Wed Nov 8 15:30:44 EST 1995

In article <47qmto$cr9 at whitbeck.ncl.ac.uk> K.L.Tan at ncl.ac.uk writes:
>Honestly, I don't think anybody in this world(except Qiagen )would know
>the exact composition of PE and PB Buffer- It is just like asking for the
>composition of Coca Cola, or do you think Qiagen would reveal anything to
>you? you can try.

The compositions of all the Qiagen buffers are listed in the manuals
that come with the kits. If you lost your manual, call them and
they will send you a new one. They don't make big bucks on the buffers,
it's the patented columns and resins that make them rich. Unfortunately
PE and PB are not part of the plasmid prep kit, which is the only one I
have a manual for right now.

Annette
ah690549 at mbcr.bcm.tmc.edu