Software for making poster titles?

Mike Herron herro001 at maroon.tc.umn.edu
Thu Nov 9 16:00:54 EST 1995

In article <Stephen_Lasky-0911950844530001 at cis-ts2-slip3.cis.brown.edu>,
Stephen_Lasky at brown.edu (Stephen R. Lasky) wrote:

> [...]
I use MacDraw.  Just choose a nice Truetype or Postscript font and set the
printing prefs to landscape and make the drawing size something less than
your posterboard size.

To get the size _just_ the way you want it use a large font (ie 127 point)
and use the reduce or enlarge seting in the page setup menu.  It also
helps to turn on "larger print size" in the page setup/options button.

After printing on a laserwriter (600dpi will give you blacker blacks) just
trim the.25 in edge from the lefthand side of each page so the letters
will match up with each other seamlessly.  Don't "glue" them together just
bring them to the meeting in a folder and use thumbtacks to hold it up.

I do the rest of the poster on Macdraw too.  I import the graphs from
Cricket graph or whatever and do a "select all" and increase the pen width
to make the graphs stand out at a distance better.

As a bonus, when I am done I have a collection of Macdraw files which I
can combine into one document and then print them out as a shrunken
version (at 25%) of the poster which you can hand out to interested folks
at the meeting.

--
Mike Herron
herro001 at maroon.tc.umn.edu