Design of dye terminator primers

Mayumi Yagi myagi at u.washington.edu
Thu Nov 9 12:12:09 EST 1995

Hi, guys,

Our experience is that PCR primers work fairly well.  The only thing
we've noticed is that, for some reason, primers with extra bases at the
5' end (e.g., restriction sites and a few extra bases) don't give as
clean results.  They generally give readable signal for only 200-300
bases or so, rather than the 350-400 we see with other primers.  Don't
really know why that is, just something we've seen.

Mayumi