DNA-Mobility-Shift with Biotin labeled Oligo?

Hans Bojar bojar at uni-duesseldorf.de
Thu Nov 9 19:43:09 EST 1995

Hi Bio-Netters,

Does anybody know something about a gel mobility shift assay, whitch  uses
biotin-labeled oligonukleotides?

I synthesized a dubblestranded oligo of the estrogen response element. The
oligo is labeled on both 5´ ends. Do I have a chance to see a gel mobility
shift, by mixing the oligo with crude or purified estrogen-receptor extracts.
Blotting and Streptavidin-POD assay shall be used for detection.
In the normal procedure always 32P is used.

Who knows a method or protocol that could help me?

Thanks in advance
Hans-Bernd Prisack
Onkologie Duesseldorf Germany