GenPharm and knockout mice

Jfloring at aol.com Jfloring at aol.com
Sun Nov 12 13:39:48 EST 1995

never done knockouts as a commercial venture, but we did do a lot of
knockouts, some of which were very satisfying research collaborations.  Alas,
as of the end of February, the excellent (if I do say so myself) capabilities
of GenPharm to do knockout and transgenic work have been "knocked out".  All
of the scientists and staff working in that area were laid off in February,
and have now had to find new jobs.  I can suggest two possibilities:  Tom
Doetschman's lab at Cincinnati (Tom- sorry for my inability to spell), and a
new venture, called Lexicon Genetics, that is located near Houston, Texas.
 I'd personally prefer the latter, because it has an association with Allan
Bradley, my scientific advisor and knockout guru when I was at GenPharm.
 Sorry I don't have any phone numbers with me.
Good luck,
Jeanne Loring
Disclaimers:  1.  I don't work for Lexicon or Doetschman.
2. GenPharm's or other's attorneys take note- you won't find anything of
interest here.