Amersham cycle sequencing kit

Karl Voss karl at hobbes.chem.ualberta.ca
Mon Nov 13 14:15:30 EST 1995

h.woo (h.woo at sct.gu.edu.au) wrote:
> We are using ABI DyeDeoxy Terminator Cycle Sequencing Kit. Amersham has
> a similar kit which gives equal peak height to all 4 bases. Are there any
> happy customer of the Amersham kit?

Hi,

We have used this kit for a couple of weeks now and are quite impressed with
the data that produces.  It is far superior to other cycle sequencing
kits that we have tried.  The peak heights are quite equal, the run does
indeed look like a sequenase run.  We also get better signal then the
Sequetherm (epicenter) kit.  There is one problem that it has that other
kits don't seem to.  We are developing capilliary based sequencing instruments
and the ThermoSequenase kit seems to have some kit of junk it it that
screws up our ingections onto the sequencing capillary.  The problem goes
away when we clean the sequencing reactions with homemade G50 spin collumns,
however these don't work very reproducibly.  Has anyone got any suggestions
on ways to clean up sequencing samples.

Thanks
Karl

Karl Voss