His-tag antibody

Glen Gaughan gaughan at bms.com
Mon Nov 13 07:38:33 EST 1995

In article <47s3ln$ch5$1 at mhadg.production.compuserve.com>, Philip Jung
<102002.3274 at CompuServe.COM> wrote:

> Hi! There!
> I want to know the name of company or lab which makes antibody to
> the (Histidine)6 peptides. Would you kindly send me the
> information? Thank you.

Qiagen product recognizes MRGS-H(6) hence won't work for just H(6)in other
contexts. Cappel sells a rabbit polyclonal said to be specific for H(6)
(product # 57041) - we haven't tried it yet. dianova GmbH (Hamburg,
Germany. 040/45 06 70 or FAX 040/45 06 73 09 sells a mouse monoclonal (dia
900; $450 + 90 shipping for 200 micrograms). We've had a few tries w the
latter (Westerns) and haven't gotten good results - lots of background at
the recommended 1-4 microgram/mL conc and no signal above noise at any
dilution despite loading heroic amounts of our H(6)-tagged protein. (We
believe the tag is 'available' in so far as the protein binds nicely to
the metal affinity columns.)