Pouring sequencing gels

Stephen R. Lasky Stephen_Lasky at brown.edu
Mon Nov 13 08:35:07 EST 1995

In article <dtyyu.107.000E2899 at ucla.edu>, dtyyu at ucla.edu (David Tak Yan
Yu) wrote:

> We pour sequencing gels the ususal way.  It takes some time to teach
newcomers
> in the lab.  Does any one has an easy way which does not require expensive
> apparatus?
> David Yu
> dtyyu at ucla.edu

what is the usual way?

We use an IBI sequencing apparatus with wedge spacers, siliconize both
plates, tape the edges (twice on the bottom edge) and then pour the gel
using a 25 ml pipette.  No expensive apparatus.  Adjust the rate of flow
by the angle that you hold the plates, more veritical faster, more
horizontal, slower.

SRLasky

--
Stephen R. Lasky Ph.D.