MitoProt 1.0 an update

Manuel G. CLAROS claros at obelix.cica.es
Tue Nov 14 12:21:13 EST 1995

An update of the MitoProt application is released. It is available from
the the following servers (and their mirrors):

ENS:        ftp.ens.fr/pub/molbio
EMBL:       ftp.ebi.ac.uk/pub/software/mac
Stanford:   sumex-aim.stanford.edu/info-mac/sci
Indiana:    ftp.bio.indiana.edu/molbio/mac

The essentials are:

Application      MitoProt
Update           Oct 1995
Version          1.0
Description      It supplies a series of parameters that permit theoretical
                   evaluation on mitochondrial targeting sequences, as well
                   as two hydrophobicity related parameters that are important
                   for predicting the putative importability of a protein into
                   mitochondria.
Author           Manuel G. Claros
Literature       CABIOS 11, 441-447 (1995)
Notes            This first software release is compatible with all the
                   Macintosh computers I have tested, having system 6.0.2
                   or later.

MitoProt 1.0 has been designed for Macintosh computers, using
THINK Pascal 4.0.2. If someone is interested in making a version
compatible with other platforms, he may contact me.

MitoProt 1.0 (October 1995), the second release

 # The author's new address is included.

 # Mesohydrophobicity calculations have been modified.

 # Hmax has been modified to avoid range overflow.

--
Manuel G. CLAROS     -. .-.   .-. .-.   .  -> claros at ccuma.uma.es <-
Biologia Molecular   ||X|||\ /|||X|||\ /|