antibody affinity purification

Thomas Triolo triolo at mcbsgi.bio.sunysb.edu
Tue Nov 14 13:37:36 EST 1995

In article <user-1411951247440001 at mac101447.med.cornell.edu>, user at host wrote:

> Can anyone advise me on the best method for purifying antibody from rabbit
> serum.  we would like to use purified as protein as a selection.

     There is a very simple method in a manual called Guide to yeast
genetics and molecular biology edited by Gutherie and Fink.  It involves
running the antigen out on an SDS-PAGE gel, bloting it to
nitrocellulose,and excising the band corresponding to the antigen.  You
then incubate the band in the serum, wash it a few times and then elute
it.

     I hear it works very well.
good luck