HeLa Transfection

Dima Klenchin klenchin at macc.wisc.edu
Wed Nov 15 17:34:46 EST 1995

In article <susans-151195151327 at triezenberg2.bch.msu.edu>,
   susans at pilot.msu.edu (Susan M. Sullivan) wrote:

>Can anyone help me out with data on usefulness of
>Lipofectin, LipofectACE, LipofectAMINE, or Transfectam in HeLas?

~ 1 year ago we got a flyer from Gibco (? or Promega?) about cheap alternative
to lipofectin which worked (according to them) better on adherent cells, and best
of all on HeLa. Was it DOTAP? Anyway, check with them.
	And, as usually, I'd recommend switching to electroporation which is
easier to optimize and often better than anything else. 10e(-3) with stable
transformation is really no problem.

      __
     / /\         Dima Klenchin
    / /  \