Q: Klett-Unit???

John Stiles stiles at Hawaii.Edu
Tue Nov 14 20:31:07 EST 1995

In article <48a9gs$hkg at surz03.HRZ.Uni-Marburg.DE>,
Doerner Wolfgang <doerner at papin.HRZ.Uni-Marburg.DE> wrote:
>Hi Netters,
>
>anyone out there who knows what a Klett-Unit is? We guess that it might be
>a unit for spectroscopical measurements, but we have not yet been able to
>find it in the respective literature! Any hints are appreciated, please
>mail to:
>
>                   appel at mailer.uni-marburg.de
>
>or via PM to the sender of this mail! Thanx a lot in advance,
>

>Wolfgang.

In days of old there was the Klett Colorimeter.  It measured in "Klett units"
rather than OD.  I think because the tubes used were not square so path length
was not fixed.  They were popular in student labs since it was almost
impossible to destroy them.  Oh, I just saw that you can still buy them!
Do cost a bit more now.

John