Sequencing from E.coli.

Paul Bundockj bundock at rulsfb.leidenuniv.nl
Mon Nov 13 19:40:53 EST 1995

Hi there, I'm trying to sequence ds plasmid DNA  rescued in the E.coli
strain MC1061.So far its been very difficult to sequence mini prep DNA
although it should be possible if the prep is reasonably clean.This
problem with the E.coli background seems common, does anybody have a
list or reference for E.coli backgrounds and their suitability for
sequencing. By the way,I'm using T7 polymerase and 1.5-2 micro grams
template. Thanks a lot, Paul Bundock.