2 genes on one plasmid

nathan nathan at xyppp38.bms.com
Tue Nov 14 23:13:38 EST 1995

corboy> Sami Kohan (skohan at ucla.edu) wrote:
>> I'm trying to build a vector with two genes and was going to use
>> the same promoter twice. However I was told that it would cause
>> recomibinations and otherwise mess up my experiment, however if the
<snip>
	Are you sure you need to use two promoters?  I know of at
least two systems where a single promoter will promote expression of
at least two genes (lac promoter in expression of antibody fab
fragments, t7 promoter: will promote expression of genes until t7
terminator is present)

Someone correct me if I am wrong...

nathan

Nathan O. Siemers, Ph.D.
Bristol-Myers Squibb Pharmaceutical Research Institute
3005 First Avenue, Seattle, WA 98121
(206) 727-3741  	siemers at bms.com