<None>

tflanigan at molbiol.ox.ac.uk tflanigan at molbiol.ox.ac.uk
Wed Nov 15 11:29:35 EST 1995

RE: sequencing gels
I hope someone can help!  We silanise one plate of the sequencing apparatus
with sigmacote and it's ben working well.  We now seem to have what appears to
be a build-up of silane on this plate and the gel seems to be sticking to it.
We use decon as the detergent to clean the apparatus and use sigmacote
everytime we pour a gel.  Is this problem silane or something else?  If it is
silane, can anyone suggest a better detergent than decon? Is it possible that
we're using the sigmacote TOO OFTEN??!!
Thanks in advance,

Tom       tflanigan at molbiol.ox.ac.uk