sequencing gels

tflanigan at molbiol.ox.ac.uk tflanigan at molbiol.ox.ac.uk
Wed Nov 15 11:34:48 EST 1995

In article <1995Nov15.162935 at molbiol.ox.ac.uk>, tflanigan at molbiol.ox.ac.uk writes:
 RE: sequencing gels
 I hope someone can help!  We silanise one plate of the sequencing apparatus
 with sigmacote and it's ben working well.  We now seem to have what appears to
 be a build-up of silane on this plate and the gel seems to be sticking to it.
 We use decon as the detergent to clean the apparatus and use sigmacote
 everytime we pour a gel.  Is this problem silane or something else?  If it is
 silane, can anyone suggest a better detergent than decon? Is it possible that
 we're using the sigmacote TOO OFTEN??!!
 Thanks in advance,

 Tom       tflanigan at molbiol.ox.ac.uk