Supplier of 37mm 23A filter (for Quicktake w. gels)

Donald W. Finley pavzaj at basenet.net
Thu Nov 16 23:39:57 EST 1995

In article <48g4hi$om1 at remus.reed.edu>, Dan Baggott <dbaggott at reed.edu> says:

>Does anybody know a supplier of a 37mm 23A filter?  We have Apple's
>Quicktake150 digital camera with an adaptor (to 37mm) and close-up
>lenses, now all we need is the 23A filter and we can start taking
>pictures of our EtBR-stained gels.  Any help would be much appreciated.
>(I've sent inquiries to rec.photo.misc and .marketplace, as well as
>rec.video, with no luck.)
>
>Dan Baggott
>Reed College Biology Department
>Portland, OR

Kodak has discontiued making the 23A filter.
They have substituted the 22 filter wich is virtually
identical in absorbsion characteristics.  We use it in
our Lab at Sigma Chemical.  I take it you need a
37 mm screw-in glass filter.  I would call Kodak
at 1-800-242-2424 to find a source for such a filter.

Don Finley
Sigma Chemica, St. Louis