His tagging and 'cheaper' Nickel columns

Dima Klenchin klenchin at macc.wisc.edu
Thu Nov 16 21:44:42 EST 1995

In article <50754.ashendel at aclcb.purdue.edu>,
   "Curt Ashendel" <ashendel at aclcb.purdue.edu> wrote:

>>Can someone recommend either an effective 'home-made' version of the Nickel
>>chelate methods (and a source for the materials), or give an assessment of the
>>relative merits of the above resins, and their re-useability?
>
>My comments are limited to home-made NTA-agarose:
>
>I have successfully synthesized the NTA ligand and coupled it to
>agarose (Sepharose CL-4B).

[Synthesis of NTA deleted]

In fact Sigma sells very cheap NTA. The real concern is activated Sepharose
wich costs 10-fold over non-activated one. My choice would be epoxy
activation but it generally results in slightly lower active groups density
(I thinks). Should not matter, though (maybe nonspecific binding will be
lower :-))

Regards,

      __
     / /\         Dima Klenchin