Gel purify 35S probe?

Sherri Fraser sfraser at acs5.acs.ucalgary.ca
Wed Nov 15 17:29:29 EST 1995

Hi,
	We've been using 35S-labelled RNA probes for RNase
protections.  I have had no problems so far, except that I have
recently made a batch of probe that has a fair number of cleavage
breakdown products.  Rather then throw out this batch, I would
like to be able to clean it up by gel purifying it.  Is there
anyway to either visualize 35S-labelled RNA on PAGE, or can I
purify the probe from a gel that has been dried?
	Thanks in advance,
Sherri Fraser
Department of Biological Sciences
The University of Calgary