2 genes on one plasmid

Troels Wind wind at biobase.dk
Thu Nov 16 08:45:43 EST 1995

nathan (nathan at xyppp38.bms.com) wrote:
: >>> On 14 Nov 1995 18:01:06 -0600, corboy at utdallas.edu said:

: corboy> Sami Kohan (skohan at ucla.edu) wrote:
: >> I'm trying to build a vector with two genes and was going to use
: >> the same promoter twice. However I was told that it would cause
: >> recomibinations and otherwise mess up my experiment, however if the
: <snip>
: 	Are you sure you need to use two promoters?  I know of at
: least two systems where a single promoter will promote expression of
: at least two genes (lac promoter in expression of antibody fab
: fragments, t7 promoter: will promote expression of genes until t7
: terminator is present)

: Someone correct me if I am wrong...

: nathan

: Nathan O. Siemers, Ph.D.
: Bristol-Myers Squibb Pharmaceutical Research Institute
: 3005 First Avenue, Seattle, WA 98121
: (206) 727-3741  	siemers at bms.com