MacVector

Stephen R. Lasky Stephen_Lasky at brown.edu
Thu Nov 16 08:54:22 EST 1995

In article <48dfah$llt at oac4.hsc.uth.tmc.edu>, "Bruce C. Kone, M.D."
<bkone at heart.med.uth.tmc.edu> wrote:

> Can someone tell me how they rate the utility of MacVector, where to
> purchase it, and if there are any better Mac-based products for sequence
> analysis, alignments, consensus binding site recognition, etc.?  Thanks.

We have been using MacVector since it came out and have been happy with
it.  It does a poor job of putting together sequencing projects but there
is a nice standalone program from IBI called assemblyAlign that does a
nice job with that end of things.  MacVector does the other things that
you want to do as well as anything else I have used.  It's primer
designing modules also work well.

We got MacVector through IBI, which I am  not associated with.  It come
with a hardware protection device, so you will have to use it on only one
computer unless you can arrange for additional devices.

Hope that helps.

SRLasky

--
Stephen R. Lasky Ph.D.