Protein Sequence Analysis

killer yeast vvsvetlov at utmem1.utmem.edu
Fri Nov 17 02:29:32 EST 1995

In article <Efrain-0611951244310001 at ppp-17.ts-5.nyc.idt.net>,
Efrain at soho.ios.com (Efrain Gonzalez) wrote:

>    Can anyone recommend a program for Macintosh or Power Macintosh which
> can perform protein sequence analysis and protein alignments?

DNASTAR package contains sufficently powerful and customizeable alignmnet
engine - I like it somewhat better than the one provided with MacDNASIS.
DNASTAR has representatives both in US (Madison, WI) and UK. None of them
is very good in searching for motifs and bank searches because of
databases on CD are slow. One can do it much faster on-line (as well as
alignment). I'd rate DNASTAR alignmnet as B, profile and database searches
as D, DNASIS - C+ and D respectively.
Regards,
Vladmeister