Cleaning DNA from adaptors using Geneclean

B VISSER * x2818 Plantkunde * pbv at rs.uovs.ac.za
Fri Nov 17 05:49:19 EST 1995

Hi Netters

I am in the process of cloning a DNA-fragment using adaptors.  After
ligating the adaptors on to the fragment, I need to remove the excess
adaptors.  I intend to use geneclean.  However, in the included protocol, is
a reference to an article where the procedure for the removal of
adaptors is described.  Does this protocol differ from the normal
geneclean protocol, or can I use the standard geneclean protocol?
Unfortunately, I cannot lay my hands on the particular article since the
journal is not in our library.

Can you please help me by looking at the article to see whether it differ
sustantially from the normal protocol, and if it does, could you please e-
mail the differences or fax me the material and methods section?  The
article is Wilson, 1988.  A rapid procedure for removal of excess linkers.
BioTechniques 6:733.

My fax number is (051) 4488772 in South Africa and my e-mail address is pbv@
rs.uovs.ac.za.

Thanks in advance for your help.