Non-IgG Anti-BrdU antibody?

Charles Murry murry at u.washington.edu
Sat Nov 18 22:47:11 EST 1995

I am currently attempting to perform double label immunocytochemistry,
using antibodies to bromodeoxyuridine (BrdU) and various myosin heavy
chains.  Currently, all of the reagents I have are mouse monoclonal
IgG's.  I am getting cross-reaction between my first and second
antibodies, despite numerous attempts to block reactivity.

Does anyone know of a non-mouse IgG anti-BrdU antibody that would be
useful for staining nuclei in proliferating cells?  It would be very
useful to have an IgM or a rabbit/goat/etc. polyclonal for double labeling.

Thank you very much.

Chuck Murry
Department of Pathology
Box 357335