Q: Klett-Unit???

kang at msvax.mssm.edu kang at msvax.mssm.edu
Sun Nov 19 21:14:24 EST 1995

In article <DI29Jv.AK4 at news.hawaii.edu>, stiles at Hawaii.Edu (John Stiles) writes:
>In article <48a9gs$hkg at surz03.HRZ.Uni-Marburg.DE>,
>Doerner Wolfgang <doerner at papin.HRZ.Uni-Marburg.DE> wrote:
>>Hi Netters,
>>
>>anyone out there who knows what a Klett-Unit is? We guess that it might be
>>a unit for spectroscopical measurements, but we have not yet been able to
>>find it in the respective literature! Any hints are appreciated, please
>>mail to:

Long time ago, I compared the Klett unit with O.D. 550.
I just diluted the cells (XL-1 Blue) and checked it.

Dilution factor		Klett unit			O.D. 550
1/16				20	   			0.375
1/8				43				0.723
1/4			        80				1.268
1/2				155				1.872
1				270				2.301

As you can see, Klett is linear to cell number and not O.D. 550.
I usually (not always) made competent cells using Klett 30.

Chulho Kang