(no subject)

Graham Hamilton g.hamilton at udcf.gla.ac.uk
Fri Nov 17 12:44:48 EST 1995

I would be very interested in hearing from anyone who has had experience
using the Gibco/BRL Elongase PCR kit (containing pyrococcus thermostable
polymerase and Taq). I have just tried it out to amplify a ~12 kb
product. However, I could not see any bands at all, apart from primers.
I'm using  30-mer degenerate oligos. Also the primers contain inosine.
The PCR conditions were those recommended by the kit. Annealing
temperature of 55 C was used, which is known to give a range of shorter
non-specific products using Taq alone.