Nucleotide pools, RNR and yeast

Brian Desany bd033054 at condor.mbcr.bcm.tmc.edu
Mon Nov 20 14:33:29 EST 1995

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know of a relatively easy (I have a lot of samples) way
to measure dNTP pools in S.cerevisiae?  The only reference I have
(JBC269:24466), in addition to being really long (which I can live
with), calls for running each sample on a 10cm column, which prevents
me from doing my samples in parallel and the length of time to complete
the experiment becomes really long, mostly in the cold room (Brrrr). And
this is all before the HPLC step.

I'd also like to get an assay for ribonucleotide reductase up and
running and I find very little reference to cerevisiae in the
literature.  Does anyone know how to do this?

Any help - protocols, references, a more appropriate newsgroup to post
to, (anything!) - would be most welcome.