"biotech" science fair project ideas?

Prakash at ACD.TUSK.EDU Prakash at ACD.TUSK.EDU
Mon Nov 20 14:39:20 EST 1995

Brad:

Have you tried www.gene.com/ae
the website called Access Excellence from Genentech?

It is apparently very good for such ideas.

>I've agreed to help a group of gifted 10th & 11th grade students plan
>and execute science fair projects in a "biotech" area. Coming up with
>project ideas suitable for their level (and the lab resources available
>to them) is proving to be challenging. I wish them to come up with
>their own projects, but at the same time would like to "prime the
>pump". I welcome ideas from the bionet community, especially from those
>who have experience with high school student research. Also, if any one
>knows of a particularly good web site containing science fair
>resources, I'd appreciate knowing about it. You are welcome to reply by
>private email.
>-Thanks!
>

>---
>Brad Fabbri, Ph.D. (bjfabb at ccmail.monsanto.com)
>  Disclaimer: Opinions expressed are solely my own and do
>              not necessarily reflect those of my employer.

C. S. Prakash                           Prakash at Acd.Tusk.Edu
Tuskegee University                     Phone (334) 727 8023
School of Agriculture                   Fax (334) 727 8552
Tuskegee, AL 36088-1641