How remove starch?

Alex Borovkov borovkov at plains.nodak.edu
Mon Nov 20 13:12:58 EST 1995

I am looking for a simple procedure, which allows to remove starch from
potato tuber.  I bombard tuber slices with GUS-constructs, but the
blue foci develop deep inside the tissue and are hard to see through the
starch.  I remember seeing somewhere how to clear a tuber tissue, but
can't find where.  Any help on this matter will be greatly appreciated.
Dr. Alex Borovkov,               |   tel:    (701) 231 8051
Plant Pathology Dept.,           |   FAX:    (701) 231 7851
North Dakota State University    | Internet: borovkov at plains.nodak.edu