pZerO vector from INVITROGEN

Rover rover at ns1.livnet.com
Mon Nov 20 19:34:02 EST 1995

Nino <nivil at gengenp.rug.ac.be> wrote:

>Dear Dr. Sonya Clark,
>I'm using this vector and i didn't get any results yet,  not even in my
>positive
>controls following INVITROGEN instructions.
>I would appreciate if other people can comment on this.

   I've used the vector according to Invtrogen's instructions and have
had no problem with it. I have decided, however ,to stop use of the
vector in our lab due to its expense and that of the required
antibiotic (Zeocin). Since we cannot propagate the vector without an
insert it becomes a very expensive proposition to use it for frequent
cloning.

--Rover The Mad Molecular Biologist
rover at livnet.com
barlow at picard.evms.edu