Cleavable C-terminal fusion proteins

Jon Hobman J.L.Hobman at bham.ac.uk
Mon Nov 20 12:36:37 EST 1995

Hi netters.

I wonder if anyone knows of an expression vector that has a C-terminal tag
(such as 6x His) that has a specific protease cleavage site between your
protein and the tail. I've found loads of N-terminal cleavable fusion tags but
I want to tag a periplasmic metal binding protein which has a cleaved leader
sequence (hence no N-term tags) and we are concerned that a big nickel binding
hexapeptide might well alter dramatically the metal binding propeties of the
protein (hence removal of the tag). Also has anyone tried carboxypeptidase A
to remove their C-term tags and has it worked?

Thanks in advance

Dr JON