primers for TA cloning

Simon Dawson mbzspd at granby.nott.ac.uk
Mon Nov 20 03:35:15 EST 1995

Hi John,
        I have no idea what people are on about re: loss of A residues. We
have had aliquots of PCR DNA stored for ages, used a lot etc....and they
still clone into T vectors as well as if they are fresh. I suspect if A (and
other residues?) are being lost from the ends, there is some exonuclease
contamination getting in from somewhere. As far as I can see, there is no a
priori reason why A residues should just 'drop off'.
  No doubt now I've said that, I won't be able to clone any PCR products
for ages :P

          Simon.

--

Dr. Simon Dawson       TEL:+44 (0)115 9249924 ex. 44789
Dept. of Biochemistry  FAX:+44 (0)115 9422225
Queens Medical Centre  Email:Simon.Dawson at .nott.ac.uk
Clifton Boulevard      http://www.ccc.nottingham.ac.uk/~mbzspd/Simon.html
Nottingham
U.K.                   "Back off man, I'm a scientist!" - Bill Murray.