Need fast mini-prep protocols

Andreas Ruppert ruppert at chemie.uni-hamburg.de
Mon Nov 20 12:33:15 EST 1995

To screen large numbers of E. coli colonies, we employ microtiter filter
plates and a suction chamber from Eppendorf for mini-preping according to the
alkaline lysis method. By replacing any centrifugation step by filtration we
can handle up to 96 colonies in parallel. For restriction analysis we pool
up to 5 DNAs. To split the pool, no further mini-preping is necessary, we just
repeat the digestion with the separate DNAs (Anal. Biochem. 230, 130-134, 1995)