Pfu DNA polymerase

mark leyland ML27 at
Tue Nov 21 05:23:19 EST 1995

elebae at wrote:
>Hi there!
>Could somebody give me some advice concerning the Stratagene Pfu DNA
>polymerase(recombinant version)? I have tried quite many different PCR
>conditions, but still I don't get ANY product at all, not even non-specific!

I've also had this problem in the past and have found that it is often best to try using the native (non-recombinant) version of Pfu DNA polymerase. For some reason the native version of the enzyme will often amplify DNA that the recombinant version won't.

Mark Leyland
Ion Channel Group
Centre for Mechanisms of Human Toxicity
University of Leicester