Rat 1 transfections

Patrick Grealish kallisti at merle.acns.nwu.edu
Tue Nov 21 09:32:45 EST 1995

In article <mit.edu-1611950907190001 at cancer-ctr-mac-39.mit.edu>, mit.edu
(k) wrote:

> I wish to transiently transfect Rat 1 cells with a reporter of interest
> which has relatively weak activity.  As such I really need to maximize my
> transfection efficincies.  My initial attempts with CaPO4 have not been
> satisfactory.  Does anyone have any suggestions for transfecting this
> line?  Thanks in advance
> Scott Estes
> sde at mit.edu
> fax: 617-253-9863

Our lab has been unable to transfect Rat-1 cells for quite some time, at
least transiently. I have tried CaPO4, DEAE, Lipofectin and
electroporation, the last of these methods worked a little but never
repeatedly. the project that i was working on stopped so i was unable to
figure this one out, but you may want to try elctropoartion if you are
able. I don't remember the setting but i do remember that the transfection
worked only if done in media not in a salt buffer likr HEPES. Good luck
let me know if anything works out i'd be very interested.

hail eris all hail discordia kallisti
Patrick Grealish
kallisti at merle.acns.nwu.edu