p53 Help

Eric Hanson Eric.Hansson at medkem.umu.se
Tue Nov 21 07:17:08 EST 1995

Hi,

I am new to the world of p53, hence the  potential ignorance in my
question. I am interested in whether p53 in some way influences the
expression of my gene of interest (one that is induced by UV DNA
damage I may add). Are there mouse cell lines (say fibroblasts) in
which there is a homozygous knockout in p53 that would be good to use
to stably transfect my gene's promoter/luciferase construct into and
test for lose of UV induction? Of course I would need the parental
cells as well. This is just a thought.

Any information would be much appreciated at my email
Eric.Hansson at medkem.umu.se.

Thanks much.

Eric

Thanks