hot mutagenesis techniques

varyc.mmcri at mmc.org varyc.mmcri at mmc.org
Tue Nov 21 06:54:59 EST 1995

Hi all,
I've recently cloned a protein that binds (with differing affinities) a family of structurally related ligands. I have the sequence in pMalC2 (expression) and pGemT (original
cloning from PCR). I'd like to subject the sequence to random discrete mutagenesis in order to obtain a family of related proteins that possess altered  relative
specificities and affinities for the family of ligands.
Is there one or mure easily executed mutagenesis techniques that people might recommend? I have a decent screening assay.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cal Vary