Cracked PAGE gels

Dennis Templeton djt2 at po.cwru.edu
Tue Nov 21 10:53:17 EST 1995

Many folks have commented here about problems with cracking SDS gels during
drying.  Our lab *never* has this problem, and I think it is because we use
the variable bis gel recipe that I think derives from Jim Garrels. At high
acrylamide concentrations (where cracking is often a problem) the amount of
bis-acrylamide is reduced.

Our lab web server has the recipe for this in Excel format and in Acrobat
(.pdf) format available from our protocol list, at the address:

http://129.22.87.13/Protocols/Protocols.html

While you are here, check out our open postdoctoral position at:

http://129.22.87.13/Post_Doc_Wanted.html

and the NIH grant templates for Mac Word 5 and Excel 4 at:

http://129.22.87.13/Templates/Templates.html

Dennis Templeton