Help! Need some info on BAP!

Steve Hartson shartson at BMB-FS1.BIOCHEM.OKSTATE.EDU
Tue Nov 21 11:31:19 EST 1995

Morten Lukacs wrote:

(deleted)

2).Is if sufficient to purify the phosphatase treated DNA by simply load a
sample
on an agarosegel, and afterwards just purify the DNA from the gel....
or is it necessary to do a phenol extraction and ethanol precipitation ???

---------------
Morten,

I routinely treat vector DNA with CIP in 20 microliter rxns and load
straight to preparative AGE.  This approach seems to work well, but I've
never actually compared it to other techniques.

Two possible advantages:  (1) One-step, with no loss of DNA during phenol
extraction;  (2) vector is gel-purified and, thus, contains no
contaminating uncut portions.

If you go this route, I recommend Jim Graham's protocol for recovery of DNA
from agarose gels archived in 9304, "Consistent subcloning from agarose
(finally)".

                                        'luck,

                                                Steve

Steve Hartson