pouring sequencing gels

Alexander Kraev kraev at bc.biol.ethz.ch
Tue Nov 21 06:46:20 EST 1995

and pour a gel and it is in my opinion quite a relaxing work. If someone
thinks it is too much, then think of all useless little things we do
during
a day that take much more time. At our institute we have tried all kinds
of
ways to pour gels, but we always end up taping and pouring the "old"
way.
(Using an erlen meyer flask, by the way). Learn it properly once and use
it
and you will save a lot of time!

Litta.

How about pouring a gel that is longer than 40 cm and/or thinner than
0.3 mm? I would not call it "a relaxing work", and those gels resolve
much more (up to 800 bases) than your standard 30x40 cm, that is,
agreed, can be poured "the standard way"...
Cheers,

Alexander Kraev, PhD                     Internet:    kraev at bc.biol.ethz.ch