Detection of punctual mutations

Carolina Garcia Imhof caro-gar at uniandes.edu.co
Wed Nov 22 08:51:34 EST 1995

I am wandering if someone could help me to find alternative methods to
find a punctual mutation in a specific DNA sequence. I know that with
DGGE I can detect punctual mutations, based on differences of migration
in the denaturing gel, using G-C clamps. The problem is that those
differences are between mutations of G instead of A or T, but I do not
know how to detect a difference if the mutation is of an A instead of T,
or a G instead of C, or viceversa, because the rate of denaturation would
not change, and there would not be differnces in migration. If someone could
help me, please send your
suggestion to the newsgroup or to caro-gar at uniandes.edu.co. Thank you.