Iodogen

Nikolai Chitaev nikolaic at VISAR.WUSTL.EDU
Wed Nov 22 16:38:37 EST 1995

> From: jencsa at net.sote.hu (Jeney Csaba)
> Subject: Iodogen
>
> Hi,
>
> Do anybody have idea about, that iodogen is stable in chloroform
> for a longer period of time (year or so)?
> It is expensive so I am worry about it.

I`ve never stored liquid idogen (solubilized in chloroform).
Immediately, after solubilization I dispensed aliquotes in tubes
and dried under nitrogen. These tubes, then can be stored for a long
time. However, there is a tip, how to test whether or not iodogen has
lost its activity. Prepare solution of NaI, and add to the stored tube,
or to the otherwise stored iodogen. Brown colorization would indicate
its activity. Absense of colorization indicates that its dead.
Nikolai
http://128.252.119.253