automatic sequencing

Lawrence Washington lwashing at sunflower.bio.indiana.edu
Wed Nov 22 14:28:57 EST 1995

In article <48eqv8$i6n at sci3.sri.ucl.ac.be>, Moulliard Charles
<moulliard at mbla.ucl.ac.be> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would very appreciate to receive information about automatic
> sequencer? What is the best chemistry for the sequencing (Dye primer or
> Dye terminator - cycle sequencing)? What is the best protocol (extract
> the DNA and cycle sequencing, extract the DNA, PCR, purification of the
> PCR product and cycle sequencing)? In comparing the automatic sequencers
> ABI and Alf, what is the best and why? There are specific websites for
> the automatic sequencing?
>
> Charles Moulliard (moulliard at mbla.ucl.ac.be)

Another model to consider when shopping for autosequencers is made by an
American company called Li-Cor.  I am not afiliated with the company, but
our core lab has used their system for two years with good results.  You
can reach them by e-mail at biohelp at bio.licor.com

You may subscribe to a user group for autosequencing (moderated by David
Cain) by sending e-mail to mailbase at mailbase.ac.uk

There is also a professional association called ABRF which discusses
autosequencing as well as other biotech issues.  Their web site is
http://www.medstv.unimelb.edu.au/ABRF.html

Hope this helps.

-Lawrence Washington

--