IUBio Biosequences .. Software .. Molbio soft .. Network News .. FTP

Agarose to determine heterozygotes

Eric C. Anderson e-anderson at ski.mskcc.org
Wed Nov 22 14:14:07 EST 1995

In article <Pine.A32.3.91.951122111948.48216A-100000 at umabnet.ab.umd.edu>,
"Mary P. Remington" <mremingt at umabnet.ab.umd.edu> wrote:

> Is there an agarose type gel on the market that will separate ~20 base 
> pair differences in a PCR product?  Any help or avenues to explore will 
> be appreciated.  Thanks, Mary

FMC makes an agarose called MetaPhor(tm) which they claim is almost as
good as PAGE for separating closely spaced products.  i've never looked
into the price but i'm sure that it's a little expensive.


Eric C. Anderson
Cell Biology and Genetics
Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
Sloan-Kettering Institute
1275 York Ave., Box 470
New York, NY  10028
Phone: (212)639-2977
Fax:   (212)717-3298
e-anderson at ski.mskcc.org

More information about the Methods mailing list

Send comments to us at biosci-help [At] net.bio.net