Iodogen

Dima Klenchin klenchin at macc.wisc.edu
Wed Nov 22 11:25:48 EST 1995

In article <48vcqs$pq4 at helka.iif.hu>, jencsa at net.sote.hu (Jeney Csaba) wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Do anybody have idea about, that iodogen is stable in chloroform
>for a longer period of time (year or so)?

Should be... Don't know for sure. Here is what I did long time ago:

dissolve Iodogene in chloroform, aliquote in glass tubes (1 tube/reaction; we used
200 ul volume), completely dry out under vaccum (a regular fume hood works as
well but much slower; the film of iogogene is well visible), close tubes tightly
or wrap them with parafilm, store at -20C. This way nobody in the lab, ever,
noticed any difference between fresh and 6 months old tubes.

Hope it helps,

      __
     / /\         Dima Klenchin
    / /  \