Gel Analysis Software

JG. Head bijgh at zeus.bris.ac.uk
Thu Nov 23 06:26:10 EST 1995

Hi,

We have a gel imaging system whish we use for photographing SDS and
agarose gels, and it can store the image of the gel in a variety of
formats on disk (TIFF, GIF, etc).  Does anybody know of any software,
public domain or otherwise, that we could use to analyse the images.  I
know you can get more sophisticated gel imagers that will calculate
molecular masses and intensities of bands, but is there any software
which will run on one of our ordinary computers (ie Unix, PC or Mac)?

Thank's a lot (in advance),

Jared

--
Jared Head     at the Department of Biochemistry, University of Bristol