Cosmid Mapping Software

Jasper Saris jasper%ruly46.leidenuniv.nl
Thu Nov 23 05:01:35 EST 1995

Barry Moore (barrym at stella.genetics.utah.edu) wrote:

: Our lab is considering using a software package to do cosmid
: mapping of a plant mitochondrial genome.  In the past we have
: stayed away from software for mapping because of the number of
: repeats in this circular genome, but we would like to give it
: a try now.

: I'd love to hear from anyone about any package that you have
: used, heard of, or thought you heard someone next door talking
: about, but can't really remeber the complete name of...

: Thanks

: Barry
: --

: ***************************************************
: *                  Barry Moore                    *
: *               Univeristy of Utah                *
: *           Department of Human Genetics          *
: *            Salt Lake City, UT 84123 USA         *
: *                (801) 585-7433                   *
: *           barrym at genetics.utah.edu              *
: *  http://www.genetics.utah.edu/~barrym/home.html *

Dear Barry,

You should contact the people at Los Alamos Nat Lab (www-ls.lanl.gov).
They have writen & used GRAM, for cosmid mapping of human chromosome16.
There is also SAM, derivative of GRAM for STS-data vs YAC's, from C.
Soderlund.

Jasper Saris.